AKKA/MBtech in Vance is searching for an Automotive Technician. This is your chance to join one of the top automotive manufacturers in the world!
- Perform standard part replacement.
- Ability to complete actions by following the action SMP.
- Identify repairs in the interior, exterior, and panel and will repair them.
- Testing of the vehicle to identify any problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on vehicles.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Valid US Driver’s License required.
- ASE Certification preferred.
- Automotive Certificate required.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Technology preferred.
- At least 3 years of general repairs are required or 3 years of Quality Technician experience.
- Knowledge of how vehicle components work and interact is required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Broad base knowledge about how vehicle components work and interact.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience in electrical diagnostic preferred.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience with computer-based reference material is preferred.
- Must be willing to stand on feet for all hours of a shift.
- Must be willing to walk frequently during shift.
- Must constantly bend, stoop, kneel, and crawl in, around, or under vehicles.
- Must be able to use both hands to twist, turn, and torque, around all parts of the vehicle.
- Must frequently communicate defects to MBUSI and/or MB Tech personnel.
- Must be able to effectively detect, find, and see defects in, around, or under vehicles.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds alone, may be asked to lift 50 pounds (with team lift) occasionally.
- Pay: $22/hr + 5% shift incentive on nights
- Shift: Day Shift (6am - 3pm) / Nightshift (6pm - 3am). May have other shifts available / Rotating shifts may be involved
- OT: Expected and mandatory.
- Weekend Work: Expected and mandatory.
- After 60 days + holidays + vacation time.
- Uniform and Steel Toe Allowance (renews yearly).